I walked into the grocery store one day and was immediately drawn to a small green piece of art. After looking suspiciously around me, I studied it closely, turned it over, and saw the name of a familiar artist. She was a local favorite of mine so I was excited to have my hands on her work. Again, I looked around, and began spinning different scenerios in my head,"hmm..." I thought, "could she have lost it? Is it some sort of self promotion, and I should leave it where I found it? Was it a gift ,left here for a friend of hers?" . Against my instinct, I left it where it was and rushed home to email her about my find, that's when I was introduced to ,"Found Art " . Wow, a way to share art with the world with no strings attached. Freedom from judgement, from money, from expectations... I have been painting for many years now, and yet , I approached my first found art piece with no paint at all-not even realizing that I'd done so until I sat down to write this. I'm eager to see what other walls will come down. I look forward to this expedition . -Oh, and when I went back the next day, Pachas piece was still there, at the store, waiting to come home with me, now it lives in my kitchen ( :

Monday, April 23, 2007

TOY found art











the topic-TOY




on" shrinky dink "paper I drew 13 seperate pieces, cut them out, baked them, and bound them to each other with clear stretch bead cord. i left him clear because he is imaginary ( : doesn't every kid want a robot?
THE TOP PIC IS WHER I SET HIM FREE ( : IN A TREE BY A PARK, IN SHELL BEACH CA

5 comments:

Tinker said...

Very cool! I love that he's clear because he's imaginary.

Pacha said...

He's soo cool! Definitely the robot of my chidhood fantasies... hahaaa

did you set him free, yet?

Kathy L said...

What a great story. How wonderful that you found a piece of found art by one of our own! I love the "bot" uest as a child, my brother built his bots from erector sets and tinker toys....now that takes me back!

k

Rosa Murillo said...

I loved the fact that he's transparent and imaginary. I used to have so many imaginary friends! it looks like a friendly robot!
good work!

Shauna R said...

Another Super Cool Piece...I'm going to do this as soon as we finish our movie! I just keep thinking how awesome it must be for the people who find these!